Joined: 20 Sep 2005
|Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:40 am Post subject: BattleMod v1.2 ready
|I've just finished BattleMod v1.2 and uploaded it to this site. You can also get it at http://users.telenet.be/johan_eaf274/downloads/BattleModv12.zip
You'll find quite a few improvements since the previous version. The AI should now have enough research and resources to compete with the player and field more, bigger and better armies. Recommend you play at Medium or Hard difficulty.
From the readme:
- Increase unit sizes
infantry: 100 men
cavalry: 60 men
artillery: 5 guns
- Reduce unit movement and formation speeds
- Increase musketry/artillery ranges (varies slightly with unit experience)
mortars: about 140m
6 inch: about 160m
12 inch: about 200m
infantry: about 75m
light infantry: about 100m
- Progressively (by range) reduce musketry and arillery accuracy
- Reduce AI tendency to start infantry melee
- Change AI unit building priorities
The AI should build better balanced armies now.
AI will build less artillery.
- Max 3 ships per sea region
This forces the AI to waste less resources on ships
- Faster commander promotions
- Increase AI resource bonuses & research management.
The AI should remain competitive throughout the campaign now.
- Increase the number of units under a commander (Thanks to Daddeeo51 for letting me use his mod!)
Captain: 5 units
Colonel: 6 units
General: 7 units
Unfortunately, the number of units for Field Marshalls is limited by the game at 6 units.
In order to get around this problem I have set the required experience for Field Marshalls very high, so you will only see them when someone completes the Sons of St.Louis quest.
Finally, I would like to thank to Icanus, Godkin, OldBean, OfficerPuppy and Dadeeo51 for their information on how to edit the game files.
I hope you enjoy this mod!